When parents are deciding where their children will attend school, their most trusted source for information is usually other parents. Because it is one of the most important decisions a parent will ever make, having a wide range of perspectives is essential to making an informed decision. There are many factors in choosing the best school for your children. Among them are a strong mission, dedicated faculty, and a program designed to guide children while they grow independently.
Parents commonly ask the following questions when looking for the right school:
- How good is the school’s reputation, according to other parents?
- Does it offer the level of experience it suggests on its website?
- Does the school represent itself accurately during interviews and tours?
- How well do students transition in and out of the school?
- Is the investment in an independent school worth the cost?
- Do students at independent schools score well on standardized tests?
- Why would I choose an independent school when I live in an area with such well- regarded public schools?
- For more specific questions and information about the CDS experience, visit our FAQs or Schedule your parents information session and get answers to your questions from Director Karen.