- The classrooms are mixed aged. Students “practice life” in micro societies that emulate real life giving them a significant head start on the transition into adulthood.
- Students choose their own activities, with varying levels of direction from and oversight by teachers, from a range of options and have uninterrupted blocks of work time fostering independence.
- Immediately following introduction to new material—when a student’s interest is at its peak—is the optimal time for deep and lasting learning. CDS classrooms allow for immediate independent or collaborative work to follow.
- Student instruction is individualized based on the characteristics, tendencies, talents and abilities of each child to improve engagement and performance.
- Students participate in peer teaching and mentorship which promotes mastery of knowledge and skills versus test-driven memorization
Countryside Day Blog
Leave a Comment
We offer a continuous program from 16 months through 8th grade — inculding an all year program option for Pre-K/K and elementary school. LEARN MORE